Sussex County Golf is looking to recruit a full time Assistant County Secretary, and applications are invited for this position, which is based at the county office in Brighton, East Sussex.
Sussex County Golf was founded in 1899 and is an affiliated member of England Golf. It provides a service to 58 affiliated Clubs, running 17 individual championship events, 6 inter-Club knockout competitions and 6 county representative teams. It is also the England Golf area authority for handicapping in Sussex.
The successful candidate will report to the Secretary of the SCG for all day-to-day operational aspects of running the business. This is a demanding role that requires a high level of proactivity and attention to detail covering all aspects of county golf in a customer service environment.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Good organisational skills with strong attention to detail
- A high level of IT literacy in Microsoft Office 365 and all its components
- An understanding of Golf Software packages or willingness to learn.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work on a flexible basis and work to tight deadlines
- An understanding of website management and use of social media platforms
- A sound awareness of the game of golf and its traditions
- The ability to administer county golf competitions & championships
- An understanding of the World Handicap System
In addition, you must be able to and have a willingness to travel using your own transport.
Interested candidates should email their application and full CV to the County Secretary, Emma Whitlock: email@example.com
All applications will be acknowledged and treated in strict confidence.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 31st August 2022.
Please see the full job description below: