THE SUSSEX COUNTY INTER CLUB HANDICAP MATCHPLAY CHAMPIONSHIP
- Sussex County General Conditions and Local Rules apply in this Event.
- The format of the competition will be 4 ball better ball match-play off a current WHS Handicap Index.
- Each team will consist of 5 pairs.
- Each pair in each team must comprise of 1 player from the Handicap Index range of 5.5 to 12.4 handicap and 1 player from the Handicap Index range of 12.5 to 20.4. This handicap is as it appears on WHS on the day of play.
- Standard Handicap allowance for Four Ball Match Play. Each player receives 90% of their course handicap, then the full difference is given from the lowest player.
- The result shall be declared on the number of matches won or lost. i.e. 3 and 2.
- In the event of a tie, in all rounds up to and including the quarter finals, the match will be won by the side finishing with the greater “holes up”. For example, a pair winning 5 and 4 would be regarded as 5 holes up. In the event of a match still being tied after that calculation, the away side would go through to the next round.
- Semi Finals & Finals (played on neutral courses) in the event of a tie after the holes up calculation, then a single pair “sudden death play-off” will take place as there is no away side to go through.
- Play must be from the back medal tees.
- Clubs that have more than one course must use the main course for each match.
- Caddies will not be permitted.
- Order of play will be decided by Team Captains and must be exchanged before play.
Draw and Start Times
- Matches will be played on the same days as those designated for the Inter Club Scratch tournament.
- Play may commence at any time on the designated Saturday as chosen by the HOST club.
The Plate Competition
- There will not be a plate competition in 2021 to allow for a later start in line with Covid-19 Guidelines.
The Semi-Finals and the Final
- In the event that a Club may be requested to host a Semi Final or the Final, Club Secretaries must ensure that the dates notified in advance for the Semi-Finals and Final are kept open in their Fixture Lists. It is a Condition of Entry that a Club asked to host any round will do so.
- County officials will be delegated to attend the Final for the purposes of adjudication if required. Officials will not be supplied for earlier rounds.
- Clubs must be registered on the WHS Platform to be eligible to enter this competition.
- The Championship is a MATCHPLAY TEAM EVENT played off WHS Handicap Index. All players must have a current WHS Handicap Index“.
- The Team representing your Club will consist of 5 pairs (10 players) who are members of the club.
- Players with a current WHS Handicap Index of (up to 5.4) and under the age of 18 on 1st January are not eligible to play in this competition.
- Teams may be changed for each round but no player may represent more than one Club in any one year.
- The note to Rule 8 in the Rules of Golf will apply. Each team must appoint a specified person (normally the team captain) who is the only person authorised to give advice during play
- Practice rounds – There will be NO practice rounds for the 2021 competition.
- Course Condition – Club Secretaries are requested to give reasonable consideration to course conditions and to state, with reasonable notice, whether their course is in fit playing condition. If necessary, the tie may be changed to the opponent’s course.
- Storm Condition – in the event of severe storms, play may, at the discretion of the home club, be suspended immediately on the sounding of a previously notified warning signal. Players should be advised of these signals prior to commencing play.
- Catering - There will be no catering due to Covid-19 guidelines.
- Results - the Team Captain of the winning Club in each match, is responsible to ensure that the full and correct results are either e-mailed to the County office – firstname.lastname@example.org over the weekend and/or telephoned through to Anup Vasant, County Secretary on 0752 321 6644 or the County office 01273 857733.